The Business Council for Cooperation with India operates in compliance with the decision by the leaders of Russia and India on expanding cooperation, at initiative by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce of the Russian Federation and with support of JSFC SISTEMA.
The Purposes of the Partnership are strengthening and developing business ties and trade and economic relations between the Russian Federation, India and countries of the Asian-Pacific Region, and also assisting in establishing mutually beneficial contacts between Russian and Indian business circles.
Mr. Sergey Cheremin is the Chairman of the Board of the Business Council. He also holds the post of the Minister of the Moscow City Government and Head of the Moscow City foreign economic and international relations Department.
Mr. Cheremin is the member of the Russian-Indian Intergovernmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific, Technical and Cultural Cooperation, which is co-chaired by Deputy prime Minister of the Russian Federation D.Rogozin and Indian External Affairs Minister S.M.Krishna. Ms. Irina Iashagashvili is the Executive Director of the Council.
- represents interests of the Council members at the level of governments and parliaments of Russia and India, in public organizations and business communities of both countries
- organizes interaction of the Council Members with Russian and Indian mass media
- provides various business, legal and political information to the Council Members
- provides Council Members with a possibility to establish business relations, in particular:
- contact information on the government organizations
- contact information on the companies and executive power organs of Russia and India;
- information about member-companies of the Council;
- participation for additional payment in activities, organized by the Business Council, such as business-conferences, exhibitions, seminars, cultural events.